Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring Break 2007...It's Oh So Close!


So spring break is almost upon us, and I think I say this for everyone: YES!!! Everyone seems to be going some place nice and warm like Mexico or Florida, and if I were a betting man, which I actually am, I’d put my money that there will be more than one post about spring break plans. So, what about me you ask? I will be spending my time mostly in good old Madison, WI! Now if you have actually read any of my websites, which I don’t expect you to have done, but if you have you would know that my parents live in Arizona. So this brings up the natural question of why on earth I wouldn’t at least visit my parents where it is 80° outside every day. I think it is a combination of being too lazy to actually plan something, pack, unpack, etc and the not wanting to spend any money on anything.

My actual spring break plans consist of working most everyday and then trying to find things to do in my spare time. My girlfriend is going to be gone most of the break and I don’t believe any one will be left in Madison, so I’m praying for good weather so I can go golfing! Otherwise I might spend some time in the library for the multiple exams waiting after spring break or play around with the Macromedia software and try to learn some cool website tricks. I am doing something on Wednesday of spring break that should be a lot of fun! I’m going to my first eye exam in Madison, and then I probably get to pick out new glasses. Although without my mom or girlfriend there, I’ll end up picking out glasses that look terrible and have to spend the next year with them. But anyway, there’s nothing wrong with having a spring break without much to do, so in some ways it will actually be relaxing. Here's a couple of funny golf videos that will probably end up taking a lot of my spare time during the week. The first is of Charles Barkley's horrible golf swing and the second is Tiger Woods making fun of it.



Next year my girlfriend and I are definitely planning on going somewhere for a change. I’ve heard that STA Travel has really good student discounts but frankly I have no idea how to plan a trip. Is anyone else out there going anywhere fun or exciting over spring break? Hopefully so and you can give me some good ideas for the future. Well just a couple more days and we are all free for a most wonderful 9 days!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Haha, we have pretty similar breaks planned, nice and low key. Are your parents originally from Wisconsin, and why did they move out there? It must be nice to visit when you can.